SCN, for once again, brings you an innovative product, that many athletes wanted all these years and all athletes need to have in their everyday life.
A unique combination of Honey, Oats, 5 types of Carbohydrates with different sugar release, Electrolytes & 2 Types of Ergogenic & VO2max Enhancing Salts
This super clever product, will provide you the energy you need in 5 different times, as the blend of the carbohydrates it contains, will release sugars to your body instantly but also up to 2 hours!
Palatinose, is a super slow time-releasing carbohydrate, that slowly provides sugars to your body, with a stable rate for 120 minutes.
Each bar, contains a massive amount of 1850mg of Electrolytes & Performance salts, which not only keep you hydrated, not only re-hydrate you but also increase the energy production (faster ADP -> ATP synthesis) so you are able to keep a high intensity for longer time but also increase the oxygen transport to your cells, so you can last longer and increase your endurance.
Also, we have enriched the bar with HMB, an ingredient that is proven to be anticatabolic (it reduces the damage of the muscle tissue during training)
With simple words, a miracle snack which give you energy from sugars for up to 120 minutes, increases your energy production in your cells, increase your endurance while it keeps you hydrated and protects your muscles from damage while you train.!
Oats & Honey:
This combination, is one of the most favourite ones for athletes.
Honey is a super nutritious food, providing instantized energy, as it is contains high concentrations of glucose and fructose.
Its main ingredients are carbohydrates (sugars,) but it also contains, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, organic acids and pollen.
Oats are an incredibly nutritious food packed with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. In addition, they’re high in fiber and protein compared to other grains. Oats contain some unique components — in particular, the soluble fiber beta-glucan and antioxidants called avenanthramides.
Palatinose™ – Slow & Stable energy supply for 2 hours
The only low-glycaemic carbohydrate providing balanced energy.
Palatinose™ is a naturally sourced smart carbohydrate, providing full carbohydrate energy (4kcal/g) in a more balanced way thanks to its low-glycaemic profile. By improving fat oxidation during physical activity, it prolongs energy supply. In addition, it is the first non-cariogenic carbohydrate, gentle on teeth.
Palatinose™ (isomaltulose) is purely based on sucrose from sugar beet. It is 100 % vegan, kosher, halal and non-GMO. It is generated through enzymatic rearrangement of the glycosidic bond between glucose and fructose from an α-1.2 linkage in sucrose and an α-1.6-glycosidic bond in Palatinose™ .
The new molecular linkage of Palatinose™ is more stable compared to that of sucrose. Palatinose™ has a mild, natural sweetness (approximately 50% of sucrose), without any aftertaste. It replaces sucrose on a 1:1 scale and can easily be combined with other sweeteners to achieve a unique and tailored sweetness profile. Palatinose™ is a very low hygroscopic powder. It absorbs virtually no moisture and remains stable under harsh processing conditions, even at a temperature of 25 °C and relative humidity up to 85 %.
- Stretching the power curve: Enables balanced, sustained energy supply
- Supports a low glycaemic diet: Sugar levels – less is more
- Improved metabolism: Balanced carbohydrates in specialised nutrition
- Weight management: Promotes fat burning
- Dental health: Facilitates toothfriendly products
Proper hydration during exercise is the key for a high performance of all athletes, especially endurance athletes.
Strength & Conditioning Nutrition’s Carbo5-Lytes8 include a proper combination of electrolytes for every athlete to enhance his performance.
Sodium Citrate | Sodium Bicarbonate | Sodium Phosphate Tribasic
- Lower levels of hydrogen ions and acidity during and after excersice.
- Faster lactate and Hydrogen Ions elimination from muscle cells.
- Improved maximun intensity duration from 30-40 seconds to 1-7 minutes.
- Accelerates the ADP-ATP and Cr-PCr processes
Magnesium Citrate & Magnesium Bislgysinate
- essential for your body as it takes place in more than 300 biochemical reactions
- normal nerve and muscle function and better immune system
- better heart function as it keeps your heart beat steady
- less cramps and muscle soreness
- ATP synthesis depents on enzymes that are megnesium based
Calcium Bisglycinate | Di-Calcium Phosphate | Di-Potassium Phosphate
- Higher VO2 MAX
- Faster recovery between training sessions
- Better execution of rapid movements: Lift Better | Run Better | Jump Better
- Amazing results for endurance non stop sessions
- More oxygen to mucsle cells
- Best source of Calcium combined with Phosphorus for cell endurance and energy
HMB Free Acid – The real HMB
HMB (short for β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) is a metabolite of the amino acid Leucine that, along with KIC (α keto-isocaproate) and isovaleryl-CoA, mediate the effects of leucine. Approximately 5% of dietary leucine is oxidized into HMB, and HMB appears to be the main metabolite of leucine that more effectively prevents the breakdown of muscle protein.
When compared to leucine, HMB appears to be significantly more potent on a gram per gram basis at attenuating the rate of muscle protein breakdown but is less effective than leucine at inducing muscle protein synthesis. Due to this, HMB is marketed as an anti-catabolic agent (purposed to reduce the rate of muscle breakdown) rather than an anabolic agent (purposed to increase muscle mass).
Human trials don’t normally tend to be structured to properly assess the effects of HMB, as most of the studies are a standard diet paired with an exercise regimen investigating the role of HMB in promoting muscle protein synthesis (of which it is similar to leucine in the sense that there are positive results, but quite unreliably so); the limited evidence that assesses HMB during periods of muscle loss are either underpowered or not in athletes.
HMB, currently, appears to be a pretty interesting supplement for the purpose of reducing muscle wasting during periods where muscle atrophy is accelerated (cachexia, AIDS, bedrest) and should theoretically work in athletes on a calorie restricted diet but is not fully established for this role yet (which is a notable issue, since Glutamine has a large dichotomy between clinical and healthy populations)..
Sodium phosphate Tribasic
…is the mineral salt of sodium hydroxide and phosphoric acid. Phosphate salts are involved in cell structure, energy transport and storage, vitamin function, and numerous other processes essential to health . Some minerals may become deficient in response to prolonged exercise . Exercise capacity may be reduced if mineral status is insufficient and supplementing with minerals has been generally accepted to improve exercise capacity .
Can sodium phosphate and weight loss:
Sodium phosphate has been categorised as thermogenic agent as its supplementation is said to increase resting energy expenditure (via increased thermogenesis) and may therefore serve as a potential weight loss nutrient .
Sodium phosphate and performance:
Sodium phosphate loading (1000 mg 4 times daily) has been shown to influence the maximal and run performance in seven male competitive runners . Phosphate loading also significantly increased maximal oxygen uptake (6–12%) , which was also noted in another study conducted on 10 well-trained distance runners . Studies are also reporting improved endurance performance in competitive cyclists .
Although this data is impressive and suggests that sodium phosphate may be highly effective in improving endurance exercise capacity, but the results are still equivocal. However, no studies have noted a decrease in performance . Many confounding variables were identified by Tremblay and others  and recommended that more controlled research needed to be done.
- MedlinePlus. “Phosphate salts” Retrieved from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/ at 1. June 2013
- Kreider, Richard B., et al. “ISSN exercise & sport nutrition review: research & recommendations.” J Int Soc Sports Nutr 7.7 (2010).
- Kreider, R. B., et al. “Effects of phosphate loading on oxygen uptake, ventilatory anaerobic threshold, and run performance.” Medicine and science in sports and exercise 22.2 (1990): 250.
- Cade, Robert, et al. “Effects of phosphate loading on 2, 3-diphosphoglycerate and maximal oxygen uptake.” Medicine and science in sports and exercise 16.3 (1984): 263.
- Kreider, Richard B., et al. “Effects of phosphate loading on metabolic and myocardial responses to maximal and endurance exercise.” International journal of sport nutrition 2.1 (1992): 20.
- Williams, Melvin. “Dietary supplements and sports performance: minerals.” J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2.2 (2005): 63-67.
- Tremblay, Mark S., Stuart D. Galloway, and James R. Sexsmith. “Ergogenic effects of phosphate loading: physiological fact or methodological fiction?.” Canadian journal of applied physiology 19.1 (1994): 1-11.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. MedlinePlus. Retrieved from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ at 1. June 2013
Net Weight: 40g
Available flavours: Banana / Pineapple & Coconut
Carbo5-Lytes8 Electrolyte Bar is the ideal healthy sport snack to use before and during training for energy, hydration and improved Endurance & Performance
Ingredients: Honey, Oats (Wheat), Coconut oil, Puffed Rice, Amylopectin (Sulfur dioxide and sulphites), Maltodextrin, Fructose, Palatinose™, Magnesium Bisglycinate, Calcium Bisglycinate, Magnesium Citrate, Calcium di-Phosphate, Potassium di-Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, HMB (Calcium Hydroxymethylbutyrate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Phosphate Tribasic, Magnesium Stearate, Bioperine® Black Pepper Extract, Pineapple/coconut flavor (coconut powder, natural pineapple flavor), Peach flavor (natural peach flavor), Sucralose.
Note: Supplements with high concentration in active ingredients and no preservatives, may turn from powder form to solid form. This is a natural effect of ingredients which are extra sensitive in humidity. Try to consume the product 20-30 days after opening. Keep in a dry and cool place always with the lid well closed. Do not use wet hands or tools to take the scoop from inside the tube.
*This website is for your education and general health information only. The ideas, opinions and suggestions contained on this website are not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment from your doctor for any health condition or problem. Users of this website should not rely on information provided on this website for their own health problems. Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your own physician. Please do not start or stop any medications without consulting with your doctor. We neither encourage you to do so, nor can we be held responsible for the fall out of failing to seek the counsel of a medical health practitioner.